Skip to main content

Happy Fathers day

Operation PUSH Day 4.

The father's love.

Psalm 103:13

I know most of us are celebrating our fathers today. Some of us are also reminiscing bad memories about our fathers.

A father is the Head of the home, his effect is felt deeply in the whole family. If the family does well or crambles, the Father is mostly to blame. He is the priest of the home, he provides for the family. He protects the family physically and spiritually. As the priest of the home, he intercedes and lead all activities be it spiritual and physical.

As children, we depend on our fathers to be present at home to help nurture us. The kind of love and respect we give them is different from that we have for our mothers. We feel secured about asking our fathers to provide for us because we envisage that they have and it's their responsibilities.

Now the utmost Father of us all, once we receive Christ is Our Lord God Almighty. He says in His word, "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."  2 Corinthians 6:18.
He gives us the mandate and right to be his children. The irony here is, unlike earthly fathers who can disappoint us because they are humans, this our Father God doesn't dissapoint us. This is the good news! Go to your father in heaven and seal that father-child relationship. Trust him as you would innocently trust that earthly father to provide for you.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
Psalms 103:13.
The Lord our Father is ever compassionate to forgive us our sins no matter how grievous we may think they are. Just confess your sins to Him, like the prodigal son in the Bible, he is ever ready to welcome you to His Kingdom.

Today, as we continue waging in war of prayer, let us remember our fathers according to Proverbs 23:24 whish says, The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.

If you are hurting because of your father, please ask God for the ability to forgive and move on. In the end, heaven matters. Your soul and salvation matters. After all, we have a better father in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let's us also pray that we approach the throne of Grace with a bona-fide attitude. We have the right to be princes and princesses in his kingdom. Let's cultivate that attitude of children of God. Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open. Let's note, children respect their fathers.

#fixthatmarriage 
#fixit 
#OperationPUSH
The Mawuli International Mission Assignment for Christ (TMIMAFC).

Written by Rev. Mrs Caroline Dzifa Fumey.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPECIAL EDITION: PRAY OVER YOUR MARRIAGE and another love story

Dear readers,  Words are powerful. I have learnt to let most of the things I say be positive and contain a prayer. Praying God's word over your marriage is important.  Marriage is a blessing from God, but it is not always cherished the way it should be; Maybe because life gets busy, or we get distracted; Maybe because we start to take one another for granted; Or we disagree and let resentments hang on longer than they should. Hm! I was taught recently that the baggages we bring along from our past, into our marriages are a great burden as well. We take these baggages for granted but believe you me, most old baggages, are the cause of most broken marriages.  Some baggages are in the form of old girlfriends and boyfriends who are witches and wizards, or left some kind of spiritual bonding with your spouse. Some are in the form of just clingy exes. Some baggages may even just be low self esteem or extreme high expectations. When joined as ''one'', a new battle to...

Taste and see... THE LOVE STORY (birthday in the midst of Covid 19)

Buenos dias a todos, I have been writting posts about marriage beacause I feel inspired to share my personal experiences in marriage to help save other marriages. Along the way, I realized other couples also wanted to share thier experiences as well to help save more marriages. What a blessing God has given unto us to expand His kingdom. Come one, come all. Let us go out there and save more marriages.  Today, I am narrating the full story of this same beautiful man I met a long time ago. FYI, he is even more beautiful presently.  I met him when I had just completed High School. He had also just completed College.  I was working as a sales girl in a garment shop. A colleague of mine was his friend. He had come there to visit her and give her a flyer advertising a drama school he was starting. We had common intrest: film making. I still remember that first glance at him clearly like it was yesterday, ''What a beautiful boy'' I thought. Then took a second look at hi...

THE NAKED MARRIAGE

Welcome dear Readers, You must be thinking that I want to talk about sex today. But hey, we will be talking about that plus a lot more. True intimacy requires what happens in the bedroom plus a lot more. In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve, the first couple. They lived in an ideal world; no debt, no no crazy in laws, no baggage, no stress, no fighting and and also, NO CLOTHING! (Gen 2:25) When God reveals unto us a naked marriage, He is revealing to us something more than just walking around the house with no clothes on or just sex. He is revealing the importance of TRANSPARENCY, VULNERABILITY,ACCEPTANCE and INTIMACY at every level of the relationship. I am suggesting we become more intentional about working on our relationships this way. Love is honest. Love is trust. You open yourself to temptations when you decide not to live in a naked marriage. These temptations have led many down the path of doom. My husband used to believe trust in a marriage is a sacrifice. T...