Skip to main content


Do-It-Yourself Facial-Masks

Current economic times have required us to make lifestyle changes. This may mean that regular trips to your favorite spa are no longer an option. If getting your favorite facial is no longer feasible or you’re not the spa type, there are some great facial mask recipes that you can make at home for minimal costs.

Avocado Face Mask
Dry Skin
Ingredients:
1 – Avocado
Essential Oil
(for dry skin some essential oils to try are almond, extra virgin olive, avocado, carrot seed or castor oil)

Remove the skin and seed from the avocado and discard. Thoroughly mash remaining avocado. Add a couple of drops of essential oil and stir well. Apply the mixture to the face and allow to dry (approximately 15 – 20 minutes). Rinse well and pat dry.
 
Strawberry Face Mask
Oily Skin
Ingredients:
½ tsp – Lemon Juice
1 – Egg White
1 ½ tsp Honey
2 strawberries
Essential Oil
(for oily skin some essential oils to try are eucalyptus, grapefruit, peppermint, cypress or junipter oil)

Thoroughly mash the strawberries and blend in the remaining ingredients. Add 2 – 4 drops of essential oil. Smooth over face and leave on for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
 
Yogurt Face Mask
Sensitive Skin
Ingredients:
¼ cup Plain Natural Yogurt (cool or room temperature)
¼ cup oatmeal
2 tsp Honey
Combine yogurt and oatmeal in a small bowl. Put honey in microwave for a few seconds to melt. Add honey to yogurt and oatmeal mixture and stir well. Apply mixture to the face and leave on for 10 – 15 minutes. Wet a washcloth and heat in the microwave for a few seconds. Rinse face with several splashes of warm water. Apply steamed washcloth to face to remove remaining remnants of mask.
 
 
Egg Face Mask
All Skin Types
Ingredients:
1 – Egg White
½ cup cooked instant oatmeal
Essential Oil
Mix together egg white & oatmeal. Add 5 drops of essential oil and mix until smooth. Apply mixture to the face and leave on for 12 – 15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.

                                                                                                         By...Belinda Yeboah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPECIAL EDITION: PRAY OVER YOUR MARRIAGE and another love story

Dear readers,  Words are powerful. I have learnt to let most of the things I say be positive and contain a prayer. Praying God's word over your marriage is important.  Marriage is a blessing from God, but it is not always cherished the way it should be; Maybe because life gets busy, or we get distracted; Maybe because we start to take one another for granted; Or we disagree and let resentments hang on longer than they should. Hm! I was taught recently that the baggages we bring along from our past, into our marriages are a great burden as well. We take these baggages for granted but believe you me, most old baggages, are the cause of most broken marriages.  Some baggages are in the form of old girlfriends and boyfriends who are witches and wizards, or left some kind of spiritual bonding with your spouse. Some are in the form of just clingy exes. Some baggages may even just be low self esteem or extreme high expectations. When joined as ''one'', a new battle to...

Taste and see... THE LOVE STORY (birthday in the midst of Covid 19)

Buenos dias a todos, I have been writting posts about marriage beacause I feel inspired to share my personal experiences in marriage to help save other marriages. Along the way, I realized other couples also wanted to share thier experiences as well to help save more marriages. What a blessing God has given unto us to expand His kingdom. Come one, come all. Let us go out there and save more marriages.  Today, I am narrating the full story of this same beautiful man I met a long time ago. FYI, he is even more beautiful presently.  I met him when I had just completed High School. He had also just completed College.  I was working as a sales girl in a garment shop. A colleague of mine was his friend. He had come there to visit her and give her a flyer advertising a drama school he was starting. We had common intrest: film making. I still remember that first glance at him clearly like it was yesterday, ''What a beautiful boy'' I thought. Then took a second look at hi...

THE NAKED MARRIAGE

Welcome dear Readers, You must be thinking that I want to talk about sex today. But hey, we will be talking about that plus a lot more. True intimacy requires what happens in the bedroom plus a lot more. In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve, the first couple. They lived in an ideal world; no debt, no no crazy in laws, no baggage, no stress, no fighting and and also, NO CLOTHING! (Gen 2:25) When God reveals unto us a naked marriage, He is revealing to us something more than just walking around the house with no clothes on or just sex. He is revealing the importance of TRANSPARENCY, VULNERABILITY,ACCEPTANCE and INTIMACY at every level of the relationship. I am suggesting we become more intentional about working on our relationships this way. Love is honest. Love is trust. You open yourself to temptations when you decide not to live in a naked marriage. These temptations have led many down the path of doom. My husband used to believe trust in a marriage is a sacrifice. T...